After their assessment a personal weight management plan will be developed that will be agreed with the patient and approved and monitored by the team, consisting of a Physician, Psychologists, Dietitians and Physiotherapists.
One or more of the following options will be considered as part of a patient’s treatment:
- An individual weekly appointment with a team therapist. This may be face to face, telephone or email or a combination. It could include a number of approaches including psychological therapies e.g. cognitive behaviour therapy, physical activity advice and support, 600 calorie deficit diets, meal replacement diets and use of anti-obesity medication
- Attendance at a support group at various locations across the city facilitated by a trained health professional
- Participation in services for adolescents (provided by ZEST) and pregnant women
- Membership access to further advice and support via our web site
- A personal guide that can be contacted by phone and/or e-mail
At the end of the 12 week programme a summary of treatment and progress will be sent to the patient’s GP and the patient will be provided with information on services that could provide further support. A final appointment will be made at 24 weeks to review their weight and to check how they are managing.